Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Taipei Zoo, July 10, 2012

Kendall, Mommy and Olivia eating breakfast. Well, of the three in the picture, Kendall was really the only one eating and believe me, she ate it all. Olivia picked at things, just like she always does, and my stomach was in nervous knots too bad to eat. Poor little Kendall was freezing and actually wearing a jacket. I don't think she is used to air conditioning.
 
Two beautiful angels at the entrance to the Taipei Zoo. It was about 1,000 degrees in the shade. Apparently, there is a record-breaking heat wave in Taiwan, as I write this !!! It was headlines on today's paper!!!
 
Awwwww !!!! Koala Bears !!! Too cute.
 
 

I'm pretty sure this is before we officially melted. You can't really tell it here, but Olivia and I were drenched and Kendall, with all that thick hair, was cool as a little cucumber. She never broke a sweat.
 
Olivia was pretty sure this was a real panda bear. I was too hot to care as the panda was thankfully holding me upright.
 
 
 
David looks like he's in the process of having a heat stroke. Olivia has gone to her happy place in her head that involves ice cubes, Popsicles, and air conditioning. I've reached the delirious, 'this sauna feels awesome, turn up the heat' stage. And sweet little Kendall is perfectly fine, just loving the zoo.
 
And although it wasn't caught on film, I'm not ashamed to say that right after this shot was taken, I lost my balance (two bad knees, you know !!!) and fell over on top of the three of them. David got the girls out of the way and I laid there with one of the pandas for a few seconds once I realized they had a fan blowing on them to keep their fake fur cool. Sheesh !!!! I figured I better admit it now in case it ever showed up on You Tube. After all, there were a zillion people there with cameras.
 
Sleeping panda bear.
 
OMG !!!! This one was moving around !!! When he got up and started climbing the branch, the crowd around the viewing glass actually broke into applause.
 
Still on the move...... When we were in Taiwan in October 2008, the zoo didn't have any pandas, but these two were gifted to Taiwan from China three months after we left.
 
On a little train ride at the zoo.
 

Oooohhh, gotta love a good frog picture !!!! David took this photo and I love it.
 
We're almost outta here !!!!!
 
More pictures tomorrow !!!!
 
Ziajian !!!
 

6 comments:

  1. Too cute! Olivia looks wiped out in that last photo :) Heat...zoo...stroller = sleep!!!!!!
    LOVE the pics!!
    Michelle G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia is totally out of it at the end there! The heat is incredible, but then Florida is hot to me too, and I'm in Texas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everything is working out. Poor Olivia looks exhausted. I also see Kendall is still eating. LOL. Keep the pictures coming. Love them.
    Dotti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both girls look great. Can't imagine the heat, although we are having a heat wave here (CA) too, but I imagine Taiwan is humid (we went in winter), so must be awful to be out in all day. Although the girls looked wiped out, you look great!!
    Lori T

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so happy for you !
    Thank you for all the pictures and we are so glad to see the family of 4 .
    We can see the girls are already sisters for ever.
    ( had tears in our eyes )
    Love simone,jorg,franzi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes we read about the unusual heat ... hope there will be no problems for you, the kids are looking just fine !
    Love all the pictures ! Can`t wait for more....
    Love simone jorg,franzi

    ReplyDelete

Your comment has been submitted and may take up to 24 hours to display.