Saturday, July 14, 2012

Saturday in Taipei

Apparently, a woman alone with two babies in Taipei, makes quite a stir. Late this morning the 4 of us set out for a long stroll down a different road than we had been on before. We passed this awesome looking massage parlor, seriously posh. And since only one of us can go at a time, I preferred that David go first to make sure there wasn't going to be any funny business. And if there was any funny business, well, he could handle it. LOL !!! Here is the deal, $33 USD for a TWO hour full body massage. And when I say posh, I mean this place was like something you might see in a movie, but nothing like any massage spa I've ever seen or been in. There were golden beds on the floor, silk robes, the smell was heavenly, tranquil music, private suites with gilded curtains...... just totally over the top. He stayed behind to get his massage, and I headed off to a fountain where the girls could play.

We were at the fountain yesterday and it wore them out so I was going for two days in a row. They had a blast again. Jumping, laughing, getting soaked, just having a big time. When they were done playing, I changed them into dry clothes and then we headed back inside Taipei 101 to get lunch for them. Once I got the happy meals from McDonalds (yes, again), I headed to a quiet corner to get them situated with their food for the long walk back to the hotel. I had them in the stroller, and I was on the floor in front of them getting their food and drinks ready. When I looked up there was a pretty big crowd in a semi circle around me - maybe 20 people. I thought ohhhhhh kaaaaaayyyy, not sure why we're getting this attention, but I can roll with it. Maybe it's cause of the girls, maybe it's because their Asian and I'm not, maybe it's because they were dressed like twins (too cute!!!!!) or oops, maybe it was because I was totally soaked from the fountain and dripping on the floor. Or maybe a combination of all of these factors was in play. So as I'm crouching lower into the floor, trying to blend, trying to hurry, trying to get their burgers out, apples, etc., the crowd is getting bigger. Now it's like maybe 4 or 5 people deep and cameras are out, video recorders, iPhones, jeeeeezzzzz......... A lady in the front starts chattering to me in Chinese and I'm doing my best: hello, I love Taiwan, thank you, kiss kiss, we're hungry, big sister, little sister, blah blah blah. Oh they all laughed and pointed and took pictures like crazy and as I was leaving, trying to get out of the circle, the crowd parted like the Red Sea and they started following after me. I looked back and here a few of them came, so I picked up the pace, and before I knew it, I was half jogging through the mall and high tailed it out of there.

It was totally wild, mainly because we've been here this whole time and nothing like that has happened. We got back to the hotel and waited for David to get back from his massage. Which he just did and he said it was AWESOME, amazing and he loved it !!!!!! So, my appointment is in 30 minutes !!!!! I can't wait !! LOL

Sheryl

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow. That is very strange. I think I would have had the same reaction.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment has been submitted and may take up to 24 hours to display.